Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts on my mind and heart

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Jesus coming return for those who believe in Him. There are so many signs pointing to this event, we just don't know when but we are to be watching and waiting, expectantly.

It's probably not politically correct now to even bring these things up, and I may lose some followers, but I have to speak this that is on my heart and mind.

The world is changing all around us. Those who believe in Jesus are being persecuted more and more, and it is even happening in our country which was founded on the belief of 'in God we trust.' Our religious freedoms are being stripped away, one by one.

These days it's more of 'in money we trust.' Yes, we do need money to get along in this world, but how much do we give our lives to it. Do we trust in it more that we do our loving God? Money is not even worth what it was just a short while ago, and when the NWO (New World Order) comes into power, there will be one money, and you will be handed an amount. Big Brother will have taken over. Our country has gone so far into debt that it is unimaginable. We normal citizens cannot even comprehend all that is going on in the government, not just in our country but all around the world.

The world has become a scary place. I am a happy, positive person for the most part, just trying to live my simple life, but I cannot, not think about what is going on. Yet, there is a hope that is in me, that strengthens me when I am weak, is the Light in my life.

My faith and hope are in Jesus,
who is the author and finisher of my faith.
He is God in the flesh.

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.


He is called Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

***

As I was washing dishes I was pondering these things and came in here to my little space and got into my ESword program and the morning reading for today by Charles Spurgeon, was something meant for me to read today.

I am a sinner saved by God's grace. I see my need of God's grace each and every day.

We cannot make anyone else believe, God speaks to hearts. As I await His return, may I look daily to Him for guidance and be thankful for all that He has done for me. I can hardly wait to see Him face to face.

May all who read this feel the Love, Peace and Light of Jesus/God flowing through and surrounding you. No matter who we are, what we have done, He Loves us.

******

“Perfect in Christ Jesus.”
- Col_1:28


Do you not feel in your own soul that perfection is not in you?
Does not every day teach you that?
Every tear which trickles from your eye,
weeps “imperfection”;
every harsh word which proceeds from your lip, mutters “imperfection.”
You have too frequently had a view of your own heart
to dream for a moment of any perfection in yourself.

But amidst this sad consciousness of imperfection,
here is comfort for you
you are “perfect in Christ Jesus.”
In God’s sight, you are “complete in him;”
even now you are “accepted in the Beloved.”
But there is a second perfection, yet to be realized.
Is it not delightful to look forward to the time
when every stain of sin shall be removed from the believer,
and he shall be presented faultless before the throne,
without spot,
or wrinkle,
or any such thing?
The Church of Christ then will be so pure,
that not even the eye of Omniscience will see a spot or blemish in her.

Then shall we know, and taste, and feel
the happiness of this vast but short sentence,
“Complete in Christ.”
Not till then shall we fully comprehend
the heights and depths of the salvation of Jesus.
Doth not thy heart leap for joy at the thought of it?
Black as thou art, thou shalt be white one day;
filthy as thou art, thou shalt be clean.
Oh, it is a marvellous salvation this!
Christ takes a black and deformed thing
and makes it clean and matchless in his glory,
peerless in his beauty,
and fit to be the companion of seraphs.
O my soul, stand and admire this blessed truth
of perfection in Christ.

Charles Spurgeon 1834-1892
******


5 comments:

Darcie said...

You would not lose me as a follower. It is important every day to remember that Jesus is coming back to claim his own. Not only to remember but to pray for his return. Something I fall short of doing. Thanks for this reminder today.

Still following.

Katie said...

Good for you for not being afraid to mention Jesus!! God bless you for that!

Floridagirl said...

Very well said, FlowerLady. (I just discovered this other blog of yours.) I do think it's a shame that Christians are being treated this way in America. Since when is Christianity not politically correct? It's all very absurd.

Mrs. E said...

I've missed you! I hope all is well in your world. This was a beautiful post!

L. D. said...

I am truly blessed to be reassured of your faith in Christ. We live in a tough world where we are told to be apologetic for our faith when it really should not be. Our faith is from the God who created heaven and earth. It is not a man made god and it is not a trend. Thank you for sharing.